100% online MSc Psychology
A life-changing online master’s degree in psychology from a global university
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £7,800 total fees
- 100% online MSc within 24 months
- 5 star teaching rating (QS 2019)
- Research-active academics working on cutting-edge projects
- £7,800 total fees, option to pay £650 per module
- Top 10 in UK for student support* - as voted for by students
- Ranked 9th in UK for international*
An online psychology master’s for aspiring leaders and career-switchers from a range of backgrounds
Psychology is so compelling and intriguing as a discipline because it studies the human mind, the single most complex and enigmatic known entity in the universe and the driver of our behaviours as individuals and as a society.
This online Psychology MSc has been specifically created for ambitious working professionals and career-switchers from a wide range of backgrounds who may not currently have academic or professional psychology experience.
It has been designed to equip you with the skill set and understanding of human behaviour to help you succeed in people management and leadership roles, as well as in careers related to the psychology discipline across the public and private sector, including in HR, marketing, research and teaching.
The psychology degree is research-led with an employment focus and is designed to develop your understanding of the latest research and psychological theories in the field and its practical application, with many of the academic members of staff research-active and engaged in projects at the cutting-edge of the discipline.
Flexible online learning from anywhere in the world
This MSc Psychology is delivered entirely online, with a flexible learning model that delivers academic content on demand. This means that you can study for your master’s degree from anywhere in the world, on mobile or desktop, and can fit your studies around your full-time work and family life. The course can be studied from home, with no need to visit campus, and you can continue to earn and progress in your current role as you study. You will also be assigned a Student Success Coordinator who will support you from enrolment to successful completion of the degree.
With six start dates a year, you’re not restricted to the traditional academic year and can begin postgraduate study within weeks.
In studying this psychology postgraduate course you will gain an excellent understanding across a breadth of psychological disciplines, enabling you to apply theory and contemporary thinking to practical situations. You will study a diverse range of modules which will introduce you to the core areas of psychology as they apply to lived experiences. You will also develop and enhance a range of transferable skills to boost your future career prospects through both the process of study as well as a range of assessment strategies. The programme is entirely coursework-led and there are no exams.
Key knowledge and skills taught on this course include:
- Organisational psychology
- Social psychology
- Psychology and technology
- Personality and individual differences
- Learning and memory
- Environmental psychology
- Biological psychology and addiction
- Psychology of public health
- Psychology of sexual behaviour
- Research planning and design
In addition to subject-related skills and knowledge, graduates also develop skills including communication, numeracy, teamwork, critical thinking, computing, independent learning, all of which are highly valued by employers.
A global University with the expertise to deliver online teaching excellence
There are nearly 6,000 international students at the University of Sunderland, 37% of the entire student population, with 1,500 students already studying by distance learning globally. The University’s accolades include being voted into the top 10 in the UK for international and in the top 20 for UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019) – as voted for by students. Our research-active approach to teaching, our cutting-edge technology and our expertise in delivering outstanding online learning experiences and student support to an audience of global students is key to what sets the University of Sunderland and our online MSc in Psychology apart.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years appropriate work experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, or internships
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates three to five years of relevant organisational experience
- Total course fees
- Per 15-credit module fee
If you are based in the UK, you may be eligible for a government-backed postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
In addition, if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Sunderland, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £650.