100% online MSc Management
Complete a life-changing online MSc in management within 12 months
- 180 credits •
- Complete within 12 months •
- £7,800 total fees •
- 5 star QS teaching rating (2019)
- 100% online MSc within 12 months
- 5 star teaching rating (QS 2019)
- ‘World-leading’ research in Business*
- £7,800 total fees, option to pay £650 per module
- Top 10 in UK for student support** - as voted for by students
- Ranked 9th in UK for international**
**WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019
A flexible online masters for working professionals worldwide
This master’s programme is delivered entirely online, with a flexible learning model that delivers academic content on demand. This means that you can study for your master’s degree from anywhere in the world, on mobile or desktop, and can fit your studies around your work and family life. Crucially, this enables you to continue to earn and advance towards your career goals whilst you study. In addition, studying the full-time route, you can complete this management master’s online in as little as 12 months.
Through our innovative online learning environment, you will connect with fellow postgraduate students to share your own experiences via online forums to enhance your professional development. With six start dates a year, you’re not restricted to the traditional academic year and can begin your postgraduate study within weeks.
The course benefits from the world-leading research excellence of the University of Sunderland and is underpinned by our outstanding student support capability, with a dedicated student success coordinator allocated to every single online student to support them from enrolment right up to graduation. Our focus on student success was recognised in 2019 when our students voted us into 9th place in the UK for student support (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019).
What will you study?
This master’s in management will help you to shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective manager and leader in the 21st century business environment. Core modules will enable you to gain a deep understanding of the core business subjects, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice whilst examining relevant case studies. You will learn how managers are agents of change, innovators and social and business entrepreneurs, and how they are critical, challenging, independent and creative thinkers.
You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business. In addition, you will examine approaches to strategic management and gain a broad understanding of the marketing, finance and human resource disciplines and functions. You will also consider the more specialised areas of innovation, growth and management consulting.
Key knowledge and skills taught on this course:
- Broad-based and thorough understanding of key business disciplines
- Effective leadership, management, and decision making
- Consultancy skills
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Driving innovation and growth within organisations
- Strategic management
A global University with the expertise to deliver online learning excellence
There are nearly 6,000 international students at University of Sunderland, 37% of the entire student population, and we have 1,500 students studying by distance learning around the world. The University’s accolades include being voted into the top 10 in the UK for international and in the top 20 for UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019) – as voted for by students. Our experience, our leading-edge technology and our expertise in delivering outstanding online learning experiences to an audience of global students is key to what sets the University of Sunderland and our online management master’s apart.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree or a UK master's degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, or project management
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates three to five years’ relevant organisational experience
- Total course fees
- Per 15-credit module fee
If you are based in the UK, you may be eligible for a government-backed postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
In addition, if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Sunderland, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction on our postgraduate programmes.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £650.