100% online MSc Management with Human Resources
Complete a life-changing online master’s in management with HR within 12 months
- 180 credits •
- 1 year full-time •
- 2 years part-time •
- £7,800 total fees •
- 5 star QS teaching rating (2019)
- 100% online MSc within 12 months
- 5 star teaching rating (QS 2019)
- ‘World-leading’ research in Business*
- £7,800 total fees, option to pay £650 per module
- Top 10 in UK for student support** - as voted for by students
- Ranked 9th in UK for international**
**WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019
An online management with HR master's with student success at its core
The online MSc Management with HR has been created specifically to give busy working professionals the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge and attain the qualification that they need to boost career prospects and progression whilst still in their current role.
The course’s flexible learning model delivers academic content on demand, meaning that you can study for your master’s degree from anywhere in the world, on mobile or desktop, and can fit your studies around your work and family life. Crucially, this enables you to continue to earn and advance in your career whilst you study. In addition, studying the full-time route, you can complete this master’s online in as little as 12 months.
With six start dates a year, you’re not restricted to the traditional academic year and can begin your postgraduate study within weeks.
Students of this master’s programme benefit from the University’s ‘world-leading’ research in Business, as rated in the latest Research Excellence Framework. Add to this the University’s cutting-edge student support capabilities, with a dedicated Student Success Coordinator allocated to every single student to give you the support you need from enrolment all the way through to graduation.
Our unrelenting focus on enabling student success was recognised in 2019 when our students voted us the 9th best University in the UK for student support (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019).
What will you study?
This master’s course helps you to develop your competencies in leadership and management, examining how professionals can become effective managers and leaders in the modern world of work.
With a specific focus on the organisational and people aspects of business and management, you will gain a deep understanding of international human resource management, organisational development, resourcing and talent management. You will also gain a deep understanding of core business disciplines, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice by exploring relevant case studies for your own professional development. You will learn how managers are agents of change, innovators and social and business entrepreneurs, and how they are critical, challenging, independent and creative thinkers.
You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business.
Key knowledge and skills taught on this course:
- Broad-based and thorough understanding of key business disciplines
- Specialist knowledge of human resource management
- Robust understanding of organisational development
- Talent management and resourcing capability
- Effective leadership, management, and decision making
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Strategic management
Online learning excellence from a truly global University
There are nearly 6,000 international students at the University of Sunderland, 37% of the entire student number, and 1,500 students of 143 different nationalities are currently studying via distance learning across the globe. The University is proud to have been voted into the top 10 in the UK for international and in the top 20 for UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019) – as voted for by students.
The University of Sunderland’s wealth of experience, leading-edge technology and expertise in delivering outstanding online learning experiences to an audience of global students is key to what sets the online MSc Management with HR apart.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree or a UK master's degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, or project management
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates three to five years’ relevant organisational experience
- Total course fees
- Per 15-credit module fee
If you are based in the UK, you may be eligible for a government-backed postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
In addition, if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Sunderland, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £650.