MSc Management with Finance
Complete a life-changing online master’s in management and finance within 12 months
- 180 credits •
- 1 year full-time •
- 2 years part-time •
- £7,800 total fees •
- 5 star QS teaching rating (2019)
- 100% online MSc within 12 months
- 5 star teaching rating (QS 2019)
- ‘World-leading’ research in Business*
- £7,800 total fees, option to pay £650 per module
- Top 10 in UK for student support** - as voted for by students
- Ranked 9th in UK for international**
**WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019
An online management with finance MSc designed for student success
Our online MSc Management with Finance course has been specifically built to provide busy working professionals with the opportunity to learn how to successfully manage, lead, strategise and innovate within the finance discipline – without having to give up the day job.
The course is delivered entirely online with a flexible learning model. This enables you to study from anywhere in the world without ever needing to visit campus. It also means that you can study whenever suits you, on desktop or mobile – on your commute, your lunch break or at the weekend – studying around work and family commitments. If you choose the full-time route, you can complete this master’s online in as little as 12 months.
Our research, which was rated ‘world-leading’ in Business in the latest Research Excellence Framework, directly informs the course’s high quality academic content, which is shaped by online learning design specialists to provide an interactive and highly engaging online learning experience.
Each student is designated a dedicated Student Success Coordinator to provide you with high quality support from enrolment right up to when you graduate. Our credentials in supporting student success were recognised by our students in 2019 when they voted us the 9th best University in the UK for student support (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019).
What will you study?
This MSc Management with Finance course helps you to develop your leadership and management skills, examining how aspiring leaders in finance can become effective managers and leaders in the modern world of work.
With a focus on management and leadership within the finance sector and finance functions, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of management accounting, financial management and control. You will also gain a holistic understanding of key business disciplines, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice. You will learn the techniques that effective managers use, how they are agents of change, innovators and social and business entrepreneurs, and how they are critical, challenging, independent and creative thinkers.
You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business.
Key knowledge and skills taught on this course:
- Broad-based and thorough understanding of key business disciplines
- Specialist knowledge of financial and management accounting
- Understanding of financial management and control
- Leadership, management, and decision making skills
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Strategic management
A University that delivers online teaching excellence worldwide
The international focus of our online master’s degrees reflects the fact that there are nearly 6,000 international students at University of Sunderland, 37% of the entire student number. In addition, there are 1,500 students of 143 different nationalities currently studying via distance learning across the globe.
In recognition of this and of the experience and support that the University provides globally, University of Sunderland was voted 9th in the UK for international and 16th for UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019).
It is the University of Sunderland’s wealth of experience, leading-edge technology and expertise in delivering outstanding online learning experiences to an audience of global students that is key to what sets the online MSc Management with Finance apart.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree or a UK master's degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, or project management
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates three to five years’ relevant organisational experience
Developing the Skills for Business Leadership
Managing and Leading People
Financial Management and Control
Management Accounting and Control
Accounting and Financial Management
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
International Business Environment
- Total course fees
- Per 15-credit module fee
If you are based in the UK, you may be eligible for a government-backed postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
In addition, if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Sunderland, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £650.