MSc Management with Finance
Complete a life-changing online master’s in management and finance within 12 months
- 180 credits •
- Complete within 12 months •
- £7,800 total fees •
- 5 star QS teaching rating (2019)
- 100% online MSc within 12 months
- QS 5 star rating for teaching, inclusiveness, employability and facilities*
- Member of AACSB, CABS, EFMD and PRIME
- Ranked overall as a top 50 University**
- 70% of university research rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’***
- University of the Year for Social Inclusion****
- £7,800 total fees, option to pay £650 per module
**Guardian University Guide, 2023
***Research Excellence Framework, 2021
****The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2021
An online management with finance MSc designed for student success
Our online MSc Management with Finance course has been specifically built to provide busy working professionals with the opportunity to learn how to successfully manage, lead, strategise and innovate within the finance discipline – without having to give up the day job.
The course is delivered entirely online with a flexible learning model. This enables you to study from anywhere in the world without ever needing to visit campus. It also means that you can study whenever suits you, on desktop or mobile – on your commute, your lunch break or at the weekend – studying around work and family commitments. If you choose the full-time route, you can complete this master’s online in as little as 12 months.
With six start dates a year, you’re not restricted to the traditional academic year and can begin postgraduate study within weeks.
Our research, which was rated ‘world-leading’ in Business in the latest Research Excellence Framework, directly informs the course’s high quality academic content, which is shaped by online learning design specialists to provide an interactive and highly engaging online learning experience.
Each student is designated a dedicated Student Success Coordinator to provide you with high quality support from enrolment right up to when you graduate.
We have been ranked internationally as a leading university, receiving five stars for teaching, inclusiveness, employability and facilities in the QS World University Rankings 2023, the highest rating that can be awarded to a university. A special recognition of our practical focus on developing the skills that enable career progression for our students all over the world.
What will you study?
This MSc Management with Finance course helps you to develop your leadership and management skills, examining how aspiring leaders in finance can become effective managers and leaders in the modern world of work.
With a focus on management and leadership within the finance sector and finance functions, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of management accounting, financial management and control. You will also gain a holistic understanding of key business disciplines, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice. You will learn the techniques that effective managers use, how they are agents of change, innovators and social and business entrepreneurs, and how they are critical, challenging, independent and creative thinkers.
You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business.
Key knowledge and skills taught on this course:
- Broad-based and thorough understanding of key business disciplines
- Specialist knowledge of financial and management accounting
- Understanding of financial management and control
- Leadership, management, and decision making skills
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Strategic management
A University that delivers online teaching excellence worldwide
There is a high percentage of international students at University of Sunderland, and we have students studying by distance learning around the world. Sunderland is also one of the UK’s leading widening participation Universities and was awarded The Times/Sunday Times University of the Year for Social Inclusion 2021. We were also shortlisted as University of the Year by the THE – Times Higher Education.
It is the University of Sunderland’s wealth of experience, leading-edge technology and expertise in delivering outstanding online learning experiences to an audience of global students that is key to what sets the online MSc Management with Finance apart.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree or a UK master's degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, or project management
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates three to five years’ relevant organisational experience
Developing the Skills for Business Leadership
Managing and Leading People
Financial Management and Control
Management Accounting and Control
Accounting and Financial Management
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
International Business Environment
- Total course fees
- Per 15-credit module fee
If you are based in the UK, you may be eligible for a government-backed postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
In addition, if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Sunderland, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction on our postgraduate programmes.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £650.